- 1 1/3 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 slices fresh ginger (optional)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the stock. Stir in stock with a fork and mix well for 1-2 minutes. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for 1 minute.
- While dough is resting make the broth.
- Knead the dough 5-10 times and divide into two, roll each piece into a log and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Bring broth to a boil and place each piece into the broth.
- Turn the broth to low and let simmer for 1 hour. Let broth and seitan cool and transfer into sealed container.
5 oz. = 1 serving
*Counts As: 1 protein*