- 1 lb of fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 28 fl oz of crushed tomatoes (low sodium)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp “Italian Spice Blend”
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp sweetener (optional)
- In a non-stick pot on medium heat sauté mushrooms, peppers, and onion until soft.
- Combine remaining ingredients, cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours.
- Discard bay leaves prior to serving.
- Make in advance, jar and freeze so you have sauce ready to make a quick easy meal.
1 Cup = 1 Serving
*Counts As: 1 Veg*