Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 4 small, sweet potatoes (about 5oz each)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Zest
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp low fat sour cream
1. Brown ground beef and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease and add the water and seasonings.
2. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 5 more minutes until mixture has thickened and is heated through.
3. While the meat is cooking, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on high, turning sweet potatoes over once halfway through. If potatoes are not soft enough, continue cooking 1-3 minutes more. Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly, then slice them lengthwise and fluff the insides with a fork.
1. Measure out 2 oz of taco meat and spoon over the sweet potato
2. Top with ½ oz cheddar cheese and 1 Tbsp of low-fat sour cream
3. Sprinkle with chives
Sweet Potato Side Counts as: ½ protein, 1 carb, 1 fat and ½ add on
*To make a complete dinner, use 1 cup of field greens, 2 cups of veggies and 2 oz of taco meat. Top with 2 Tbsp of salsa and ½ oz of cheddar cheese to make a tasty taco salad.
Taco Salad Counts as: 2 vegetables, ½ protein and ½ add on